-Saturday, March 13, 2004-

First Cellgroup!

I'm back home! Recently, I really try not to go out too much... financially very tight cos i haven't found a job yet. but I really trust God for one soon and one that I'd enjoy!

I went to Woodlands this noon, i wanted to print my cellgroup admin stuff but i couldn't open the files. i had no choice but to ask Gwyn to help me again. [i need a printer soon!]. cellgroup was at 1.45pm but we started late, so the prayer meeting was cut short. it was the first friday cellgroup! i felt that it was good, considering that we're starting small again and we have alot of friends with us today! i forgot to bring my guitar pick so i had to use my fingers to play... it doesn't feel good! but i still like the sound!

who is Huina??

went down to church after cellgroup and i joined gladys' cellgroup for fellowship. her members are around our age and they're really nice! i saw sister josephine [brother poh's wife] and after i greeted her, she was like holding onto my right arm, looked at me closely and asked me "are u stanley's sister?". i gave her a really wide smile and i answered her "you're not the first one to ask that!". stanley is a musician in our church and he has a sister who looks very much like me. throughout my 4 years in church, at least 10 people have asked me that. but til now, i have not seen Huina [stanley's sister] before. i still recall that there's this sister from choir who chatted with me all the way on the bus to church, and she thought i am huina. who is huina?? sister jo says i really look like her and even my new hair is like her new hair. *amazed

seems dat i look like quite alot of people. on wednesday during BV prac, there's this BV called Malcolm who came to sit beside me and asked me, "you know who is joanne goh?". i said, "ya, from svc 5 right?" and he giggled and said "u look like her". i was like 'duh'. i answered him "u're not the first one to say that". he giggled more and said "we have a nickname for you". "what??". "假的 Joanne".

What drives Your Life?

that's the title of this week's sermon. preached by Pastor Tan Ye Peng! it was Powerful, with capital P.
today i sowed an offering that made my eyes wet. it's one of those few times when it feels really painful to see that offering envelope being put into the offering bucket and not bearing to see that bucket pass by you. it's not being given in reluctance, but in faith and trust in God. i am believing God that when i sow in tears, i shall reap in joy!
Gladys

i went back with Gladys after service. saw her parents, they have been attending service! and Gladys shared with me that after they got saved, they had stopped their usual 初一十五'worship' and even reached out to their colleagues and their svc attendance was like 10 + 15 friends that kind. HAppening! They're adults! *amazed.

mayling signed off at
|1:32:00 AM|


Comments: Post a Comment